Fallkniven F1pro10 Pilot Survival Knife
- Made by Fällkniven -
There are basic survival knives, and there are survival knives for the professional. Our original models of the F1, S1 and A1 have provided exceptional service for more than 20 years. And due to their outstanding quality and durability they will continue to perform for many more years. Nevertheless our drive to continually improve our knives has led us to develop the new Pro Series. The Pro Series are survival knives of near-unimaginable quality, durability and performance.
Simply put, a knife is a blade and a handle. To remain strong and stay sharp the knife must be made of high quality materials. But if the claim is made that a knife is “professional” then the knife and its builder has a responsibility to the user to raise the bar far above what is common. The Pro Series truly is professional.
Compared to their predecessors, the Pro series of F1, S1 and A1 differs in the following important areas:
- The original laminated VG10 steel is upgraded to a laminate cobalt steel (lam. CoS) blade that ensures a durable edge and improved edge retention.
- The blades are thicker increasing the torsional rigidity so the knives will withstand even greater external forces.
- The full-length tapered tang is wider and thicker and therefore significantly stronger.
- The crossguard is now made of stainless steel and permanently welded to the tang.
- The convex blade edge has been refined to improve its cutting properties.
- The zytel sheaths are redesigned, more durable, and better suited for the Molle attachment system.
Understandably these knives fall into a higher price category. However, considering the unparalleled quality they are by no means over priced.
A professional survival knife must perform in all weather with no exceptions. The professional survival knife must be comfortable and safe to handle for both fine and rough work in summer heat and winter cold. We at Fallkniven have considered every design aspect of these superb professional survival knifes and we stand behind them with a lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship.
Steel: Laminated CoS HRC 60
Blade length: 3.94" inch / 100 mm
Total length: 8.54” inch / 217 mm
Handle length: 4.615” inch / 117 mm
Handle scales: Thermorun
Blade thickness: 5 mm
Knife weight 182 gr.
Sheath Included: Zytel
Handle: Lanyard Hole
Tang: Protruding Broad Tang
Blade Finish: Satin
Laminated CoS: A newly developed high alloy cobalt-special steel